Monday, March 14, 2011

The Breakfast of Champions

I've been meaning to blog more. I read so many blogs and always wonder why I don't blog as much as others. I think part of it is feeling that there is a lack of interest in my life which isn't true, but still. However, another part of it is trying to find things to blog about. Yesterday though I knew right away when I woke up I would be blogging.


Would you like to know why? The answer is simple really. This is what I woke up to.
Not only did my wonderful fiance make me chocolate chip pancakes, my fav, with strawberries, and chocolate syrup, but he made me all the awesome normal breakfast stuff too. Let me say, those pancakes were some of the best I've ever had. And to prove my fiance knows me oh so well, he only made me two pancakes because usually when we make them we get the bisquick shake and pour and we make about 4 or 5 of them and I'm overstuffed, and he being the sweet awesome guy he is wanted me happily full, but not overly so. Hmm, thought there'd be more to say but really that picture is worth more than anything I could say.
One last thought though. Before my fiance and I got together we were good friends we'd started hanging out more often, people were asking us what was going on, and he had informed me of his intentions(mainly that he wanted to stop being my boy friend and start being my boyfriend). I hemmed and hawed and couldn't seem to make up my mind. Then I went away for a bachelorette party for a good friend. We spent Friday night in Boston and went back to her place to crash before heading out to the cape in the morning. Well, what did we wake up to but the question of "What would you like in your pancakes?" followed by a list ten miles long of the options. And do you want to know who was doing the asking? My friend's wonderful fiance. The fact that he would plan ahead like that and do something so sweet got me to thinking about my own situation. I could see my boy friend doing just the very same thing and so on Sunday, after getting back from the Cape, I told my boy friend that I wanted to be his girlfriend. And that ladies and gentlemen is the beginning of the end. And I'm so glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment